Sunday, May 3, 2009

Update: May 3, 2009


Ace did very well today, my birthday. He accepted the western saddle much easier than the english, even though it is much scarier, just because he's had the last two days to practice. He had a MAJOR bucking fit today, between the back cinch and the sturrips hitting him, he blew up. He bucked hard for a good five minutes before he stopped. His sides where heaving so hard it scared me. I sure as hell do not want to be on his back if he launches into a full fledged buck off. I doubt a professional bronc rider could stay on him. When he panics, man is he rank. Talk about intimidating. SO. We are doing ALOT of ground work before I get on =] But he did calm down, and all was well. He lunged for the first time in the arena, and he did great. VERY productive day =]

No comments:

Post a Comment