Wednesday, March 24, 2010

28 Rides...

Ace is doing very well both under saddle and on the ground. I finally got him floated so I will start introducing the snaffle this weekend/next week.

He is developing good impulsion, and is starting to get really soft. He is flexing really light on the ground and is catching up in the saddle. Here and there he will lean on the hackamore so I bump him off. He is getting the hang of it.

I have been doing a lot of despooking work with him, since he is doing so well with the sensitizing work. I have been focusing on doing the scary stuff with him until he has such a bored look on his face that he is telling me we can move onto something else.

He is very respectful in hand, and is still very good around mares. He knows that he has a job to do, and acting studish will only land a whole lot more work. He's such a gentleman =]

We are perfecting out one rein stop and disengagement of the hindquarters, he has gotten really good at it and responds off very light leg pressure.

Hopefully I'll get someone out to take some video and pictures of us =]

No comments:

Post a Comment