Thursday, April 23, 2009

Introduction

Ace is a four year old, wild stallion that I will be bringing home Friday, April 24, 2009. Ace is magnificent, a true black. When I said I needed a challenge in my life, I had no idea that a wild stud would be part of it, but ultimately in the last couple weeks, I knew it was meant to be. This will likely be the hardest mustang yet, but most certainly not the first.

I love the mustangs, there is something so different about them than any domestic horse. Is it a challenge? Does it break your heart to see them so terrified? Yes. Even though it is tough, the most rewarding thing happens. Then learn to trust, hell even love. They learn that you adore them more than anything else in this world, and that's when they'll give it all for you.

Just back in Feburary of this year, I adopted another mustang, Trust. Training progressed well, but she banged up her knee pretty bad, and it hasn't healed right. The vet doesn't think she'll be rideable, and I also measured her and she is only 14HH. She looked much bigger in the pen with the other mustangs, but the mares were extremely small. This is why I have adopted Ace. I need a great riding horse, companion, and best friend. Here's where our Journey will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment